Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Make blankets for Casa Kiwi in Romania": a challenge

As a youth group leader I get to hear about lots of interesting stuff – and one day we were watching a video of inspiring New Zealand people who were out there working for God. One of them was Sue, who formed the organisation “Orphans Aid International” to help place orphans in Romania from hospitals into foster care, to enable them to have happy and healthy childhoods, instead of banging their heads against their cots and stunting their growth both physically and mentally.

I have decided to help them by putting together a whole lot of little knitted squares and making them into blankets, that they can either sell in their store, or give away to families.

If you would like to help me that would be great – just leave me a comment with your email address and i’ll send you some more information. Thanks!

1 comments:

Spacecat said...

Hey thats a cool idea...I'd be keen to help, I guess we can talk about it on Monday?
Jo

Related Posts with Thumbnails