Friday, August 21, 2009

FO: Cherry-comb beret

This is my latest finished project. I call it Cherry-comb - because the colour is cherry and the pattern is like honeycomb! Original, I know.

cherrycomb

This was borne out of a need to have a beret. Verity is still in the wings, but I still haven't uncovered that second skein of yarn, so its still on hold. Rooting through my stash I came across this 10ply NZ kid mohair which I thought would make a nice warm hat. After hunting through some patterns, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so I just kinda made this up. Its a simple pattern - the lace is just YO,k2tog (it was hard to k2tog with this yarn, let me tell you!) and then some decreases once I thought it was long enough. I suppose it could have been a little longer, but you don't realise this until its too late of course.

It took about 4-5 hours of solid knitting to get this one done, but spread over a few days with a few rows here and there. It's going to get a matching scarf as well this weekend! I see many more of these in my future - this one only took about half a ball of the yarn, and I have three more balls in this colour, as well as three and a half in candy-floss pink.

~Happy knitting!~

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaw on floor. That is absolutely georgous! I can't believe you just invented it right there an then. Talent! I'm a loss without a pattern. If only I could magically find a ball of mohair in my stash....oh wait, I found something similar! An angora/silk blend...for £8.99 at my LYS :(

xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails