Thursday, April 16, 2009

2009: FO #7 and #8

I thought I better stick with my system and officially note these...

easter 007

Easter Chicks (free pattern)

SUCH an easy pattern! I used some cheapy 4ply yarn I brought off TradeMe about a year ago (which I used doubled) and just picked up the nearest needles I could find - I think they were 3.5mm. They took around three hours of solid knitting, and I guess another hour or so for the finishing - it's more fiddly than it looks! The only mod I made was to not add the wings, purely because I couldn't be bothered, and I changed the 'hair' - instead of adding loops I trimmed the cast on/off edges to look like little spikes. Cute!

Beanie!

Black beanie

Pattern: Hot Head by Alex Zorn (Ravelry link)
from Stitch 'n Bitch book by Debbie Stoller

Again, another easy pattern - I started in the car on the way up to the beach on Friday afternoon and was finished by that night. I knew it was going to be cold and I wanted something warm and snuggly! I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in black with 6.5mm needles. I didn't make any alterations to the pattern, other than just doing plain black without the stripes. It only used about half the skein.

~Happy Knitting!~

2 comments:

Sarah Glova said...

AAaahh those chicks are SO CUTE!! I'm definitely doing that next year :) They look just aas cute without the wings.

Love the black beanie as well!!

Karen said...

Aaawwww, those chicks are adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails