Tuesday, October 27, 2009

FO: Buttony

P1000019
(Excuse my weird vacant expression and crazy hair...)

Buttony is finished - after starting it in MAY i'm glad its done! This picture was taken pre-blocking, so hopefully it won't look so bunchy after a wash. I'm pretty happy with it though.

I wanted to try something different with the buttons - one of my sewing books says you can sew buttons with four holes on to look like little birds feet, so I gave that a go. I love the contrast of black on red!

P1000022

I got the yarn for this from a closeout sale at WEBS a long time ago, as it was discontinued. That meant I had to make the most of what I had - hence the shorter sleeves and slightly short body. It was still great to work with though - and I do have a little left over to make something else small with. In hindsight I could have just added this to the length! Oh well :)

P1000024

The pattern [Rav link] is more of a recipe - as with most raglans you can choose what size you want and therefore how many increases you do. My big fault with this one was to make the increases one inch longer than I should have, resulting in the slightly bigger size. I think I also cast on too many stitches in the first place - the maths I had to do for the cast on with this yarn wasn't quite right... but live and learn.

Overall i'm pretty happy with it - and glad that the weather here is still kinda grey so I might be able to wear it before next winter! It will be great to take to New York with me in a few months time.

~Happy knitting!~

3 comments:

2BSewing: said...

Your Buttony is a beauty! Great color on you. Yes, it will be perfect for NYC, a layered look (e.g. long sleeve T underneath. Love the contrast buttons. Your stitches are beautiful, too! Great job! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh that is too perfect! It's super cute, fits you perfectly, and will be a great layering piece to add to your wardrobe. I love the buttons!

xx

Anonymous said...

I love this sweater. The way the buttons are sewn on is adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails