Monday, October 05, 2009

Sad 'n sweet September

I didn't do alot of blogging in September, but alot happened!

Firstly, we found out that my puppy is very very sick. I say puppy, but he's really 13, and has had a very good life. We are happy that he continues to be with us, two weeks longer than expected, but its still sad news. We are making the most of lots of cuddles...

Puppy time

There was also some good news - not much I can talk about right now though, but I had a nice weekend away with my mum - lots of shopping, gave the credit card a good workout! There are a few photos here on Flickr if you're interested (the ones marked September) - mainly of the botanical gardens we went to, they have different theme gardens like Indian and English, and the flowers everywhere were amazing.

I have also got lots of knitting done. It was my boss's birthday, and I whipped up a quick soap sack for her, with a little starfish embroidery. Its made from cotton, with soap inside, so you can lather it and use it that way. I want to make one for me now!

Soap Sack

I also made another couple of cherry-comb hats - one in pink and one in brown, to match scarves I have.

Cherry-comb berets

As I still have a couple of balls of this pink and original red yarn, a friend suggested to me that I make up kits with the pattern and a ball of the yarn to sell in my store. What do you think?

Speaking of my store, its still there - I now have stock up at Etsy as well as ArtFire, and a couple of things on TradeMe if you're in NZ. I'll be putting the rainbow shawl and knitted bag I made a couple of months ago, up on my web site as soon as the weather cheers up and I can take some decent photos!

~Happy knitting!~

3 comments:

Karen said...

I know we've Tweeted about this, but I just wanted to say again how sorry I am to hear that your little puppy is sick. :( I'm glad you are getting to have extra time with him though.

2BSewing: said...

You are doing fantastic with your pup. You comfort him and he comforts you. ;)

Looks like you had a great time with your mum. The Japanese gardens are beautiful and sooo peaceful. The food looks fantastic...now, I'm hungry after looking at your pics. I'm contemplating having 2nd breakfast.

Cool soap sack...cool idea to use it to lather up. I might have to borrow your idea.

Hey...that's a great idea to make up knitting kits for your online store. Hats would be popular. Keep up the good work! :)

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Sorry to hear about your dog =(
I know they are a part of the family.

Your hats look so nice and soft! Great job on the hats.

Related Posts with Thumbnails