Tuesday, October 06, 2009

FO: Verity

My Verity beret is finally finished!

Verity

I used my two special skeins of Artyarns Supermerino for this, and it was well worth it - it's fabulous to knit with! I started this back in July, but as i'd just shifted I could only find one skein of yarn as the other one was packed, so it was put on hold for a couple of months while I hunted. I think I would have been able to finish this in one weekend if I had them both. The colour is closest in this next photo rather that the one above:

Verity

The pattern [Rav link] is by Ysolda and she is very talented - it is a great pattern, very easy to follow. And the result is gorgeous! I'm definately keen to try out another one of her patterns.

Verity

I made the small size and opted to just do a ribbed band rather than the patterned band with the button, because I didn't think I would have enough yarn (turns out I would have had plenty for the patterned band!).

Verity

I would highly recommend this pattern - I would say it would be rated beginner-intermediate.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oooohhh, so pretty! I love Supermerino - and every other ArtYarns yarn I've used. :)

Anonymous said...

That hat is divine! Absolutely lovely! I love Ysolda's patterns and have a queue of about 5 of hers that I need to cast on. Oh, so much to knit, not enough hours of the day!
xx

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Hats are my current obession! I love the colors and pattern. Another beautiful hat!

2BSewing: said...

I can't believe I missed this. Your hat is beautiful! Besides tweed, I do love variegated yarns. The Artyarns Supermerino is a gorgeous yarn. I had the chance to see it in person. ;) I guess I'll have to join the bandwagon and knit up a hat for myself. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails