Monday, September 15, 2008

My UGH project...

Ok, as promised, here is a pic of the disasterous Coachella top!

P8300008
Well, its hard to tell from this photo where it went wrong, because I was too ashamed to take a photo of me actually wearing it... but your arms go through the two holes you can see (duh!) and that means that the front hangs down in a cowl... only, because the yarn I was using was so thick, it kinda just sat there all bunched up, nothing cowl about it! Hopefully at the end of this week I can get some Patons Washed Haze Aran - since my LYS is just getting some new stock in, AND its pay day!! - and have another go - its a cotton/acrylic yarn so it should be nice for summer (I think i'm going with the reef colour... although how reef is blue, I don't know!)

My christmas present for Emily is coming along well, although the 80% completion you can see is a bit off, i'm just trying to make myself feel better because I think i've really still got a long way to go! My goal is to get it done by the end of September though, since I've still got another one to do, so I think that's pretty achievable. More updates later!

Also, because i'm super excited, I got a new iPod on Saturday! Not one of the flashy new touch screen ones though, they were a little out of my price range. But its got a colour screen and video capability, which is better than others i've seen, and its 80GB so there's plenty of room for all my music! I've already put 250 songs on there, but there are plenty more CDs to go! AND its got Solitaire! How cool is that!

Ok, excitement over, time to get back to work.
Happy knitting!

1 comments:

ChelleC said...

I SO admire you for working early on your Christmas knitting. Well, darn, I guess it's really not THAT early, is it? Christmas in 3 months. Yikes!

Also, taking crochet is a great idea. I did that about a year ago and am so glad that I did. Still prefer knitting, but crochet is a welcome addition.

Related Posts with Thumbnails