Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Knitted antics

Bec and Dad came over last night, supposedly to return my car, which Bec had been using while hers was at the doctors, but they forgot that part of the visit.... however, we did have some fun with the giant hat while they were here!

However, after all the to-do about it being mushroom-shaped and making Bec look like a jellyfish with her wavy hair coming out the bottom, she ended up taking it home with her - so all's well that ends well :)

I did end up making a smaller version of it, it took about three hours and fitted well enough, but I decided it didn't look very good, so I ended up frogging it before I went to bed. I think i'm giving up on hats for the time being, and i'll go back to baby clothes!

Here is a picture of one very spoilt teddy bear, that decided to be the model for my recently finished creations:
The green vest was my first major knitting project. It was challenging, learning how to pick up stitches for the neckband and such, but I used 8-ply wool to knit it instead of 3-ply as the pattern suggested, so it too came out huge! At least I know what i'm doing for next time :)

More updates on latest creations soon! I'm having a craft day with Holly this weekend so there's bound to be something to show after that :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails