Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mission: Not-so-impossible!

For some strange reason, Sunday was a beautiful day here! It was miserable again by Monday morning - here's a look at the fog from my front door:

(Have a look at this post to see what it's looked like before...)

But Sunday was gorgeous! I decided I had to make the most of it and go out for a walk - I tend to do this more in summer when its not so damp and cold. I did however get caught up watching the end of Sleepless in Seattle on tv before I left - such a sweet movie :)

But I digress. My mission - Mt Kaukau:

The 'top' is up where the tower is. This is the view just around the corner from where the track starts. I'd already walked about 15 minutes from my house just to get to this point!

^ View out over Johnsonville at the end of the bush part of the walk ^

^ Almost at the top! ^

^ Woohoo I made it! ^

^ View from the lookout at the top, over Wellington City ^

^ Bush track going back down - very steep and VERY slippery! ^

All in all it was a good day, although i'm still paying for it with sore legs! I think it took almost two hours for the whole walk. Dad says he's coming with me next time :)

* * * * * * * * * *

Knitting-wise, here is my progress with Presto Chango:

Since this picture was taken, i've since finished the other sleeve and front section, its been blocked, and now i'm halfway through the panel that gets buttoned to the front. The pattern has been interesting, there were a few tricky bits that I had to figure out, but nothing too hard. Shouldn't take too long to finish it off. I'm planning to do another front panel with baby's initial in it, but still waiting to find out what his name is!
Hope you like the new blog layout, it was time for a change :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails