Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Feels like winter

So, here in the southern hemisphere, its supposed to be spring. Its pouring with rain and freezing cold outside, so I don't think so! Therefore I don't feel weird at all about looking at the preview of the winter Interweave Knits magazine.

Not that I really need to add anything to my queue, but I think my favourite pattern from the preview is the Aquitaine Pullover...

Photo: Interweave Knits. Bonus photos here.
[Rav link for pattern]
It would probably look best in a plain yarn, but i've got ten balls of this marbled-blue Patons Zhivago just sitting there that i'd like to use for it. Too crowded/busy do you think?
DSC01726
Also, the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn. Zhivago is only DK, but as the smallest size in the pattern is 34 1/2" and i'm smaller than that, I think working with the lighter yarn might make it the right size. What do you think?

Tell me - what's your favourite pattern from the winter issue?

~Happy knitting!~

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails